Sunday, June 6, 2010

Oh ya know

I have some free time right now so I thought I'll write a post for my blog.  But I really don't have anything to write about that's overly interesting.  I ended up not going to the doctor on the 3rd. After some resting overnight, the contractions mostly quit.  It was the 3 again, I am tellin' ya.  It was also a day of celebration on the 3rd.  Kristopher and I celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary.  I love him!  He sent me "4 roses for 4 wonderful years".  We also got a beautiful arrangement of flowers from my dad and his fiance Deb. 

Yesterday, I had to work from 8 to noon.  It was my weekend.  I don't have to do it again for another 8 weeks.  After work, I went grocery shopping.  Everyone who knows me well, knows that I absolutely HATE grocery shopping.  I never used to mind it but now it's the worst chore.  I hate it so much that I try to do the majority of my grocery shopping once a month.  It ends up being a even bigger trip but I only have to do it once per month.  I make a list of meals, determine what ingredients I need and then buy them.  After that I went home and spent some quality time with my husband and kids.  I love those kind of nights.

Today, we were summoned awake at 4 am by a little girl named Rylee.  She fell asleep the night before 45 minutes earlier than usual.  So at 4 am, she was ready to play.  We brought her into bed with us and let her "play" between us while we slept some more.  Sadly, all 4 of us were up at 6:30 am.  Daddy made
wafflers" at Troy's request.  While we were getting ready for church, Rylee was doing her army crawl around the house and was in the kitchen.  Kris was watching her and she ended up getting herself up on her hands and knees.  I seen it with my own eyes.  It was freakin' awesome!  Before church we stopped to visit my grandma.  We haven't been into see her in a while.  She was quite excited to see us.  Troy showed us that he knows how to drop kick balls.  He's pretty good. The kids were pretty well behaved during church.  We came home and decided to work some more on our house.  On Memorial day, we put up shutters on our house.  It looked awesome.  Today, we painted the front and side doors.  The side door is just an ivory on the outside and white on the inside.  The front door is the same midnight blue as the shutters on the outside and white on the inside.  We also filled the holes on our Adrinodack chairs but didn't get to sand them or paint them today because it started raining a couple of times.  I posted some pictures of befores and afters. Enjoy!


This picture was talking on April 18, 2009.  Our house has looked like this since we bought it in September 2006.  It's a sad sad sad photo.  I never realized how bad it needed something done to it. 

This picture was taken on Memorial day.  The shutters make a huge difference.  We still needed to paint the chairs and the door and add some more mulch around the shrub we planted. 

The door is painted.  It was currently sprinkling when I took this photo.  The chairs are in the garage unpainted and we still have to get more mulch for the shrub but all in all this is a huge difference from what this poor house looked like.  And if you look in the big window, you may see someone peeking out from her high chair.

I took her photo as I was walking up to the house.  She was playing with a toy while we were ate supper.  She was enjoying herself so much that we just left her there while I took a photo and Kris helped Troy. 

1 comment:

  1. You have the cutest kids for sure! You're very blessed for sure. Esp if they are behaved for church! :)

    ReplyDelete