Friday, June 11, 2010

China

Over at Kelly's Korner she is having a Show Us Your Life day.  Today is SUYL is on China Patterns.  My china is a passion of mine.  I absolutely positively love our dishes!  I have 11 place settings and none are the same color.   They're bright and amazing!  I also have things like a bread plate, salt and pepper shakers, pizza platter, pitcher...the list continues on and on and on!  I have a little creamer with a duck on it!  And Troy received a matching bowl.  I have Fiestaware by Homer Laughlin.

I don't have the 3 latest colors...Ivory, Chocolate or Lemongrass.  The next color out will be Papricka.  But that is what birthdays and christmas are for!    There are also all the retired colors that I don't have.  By the time I pass, my poor children will have to divide up or sell all my Fiestaware.  The following is a blurb about FiestaWare from the Homer Laughlin website on the history of Fiestaware.

Fiesta® Dinnerware was designed by Frederick Hurten Rhead in 1936 and is now among
the most collected china products in the world. As originally designed, the line featured art deco
styling and bold, bright colors. The product was discontinued in 1973 and reissued in 1986 with
new contemporary colors to mark its 50th anniversary.

Fiesta® Dinnerware’s styling complements a wide range of decors.
The fifteen bold colors complement one another as well as a wide range
of interior palettes. Over 50 items in the line provide maximum service options
and ensure consistent tabletop styling. The plate’s coupe shape allows maximum food
plating surface; sculpted concentric rings highlight and frame the food presentation.
Alpha Alumina added to the body enhances durability and provides superior heat retention.

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog on Kelly's "Show us your China".. I've been reading through some of your past posts.. and all I can say is Bless your heart! I will be praying for you and your family.
    Martha.. mroyston1atmsndotcom

    ReplyDelete