Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thursday!

It's Thursday.  It's my sister's birthday...Happy Birthday Melonhead!  (I've told her happy birthday a million times today, we had lunch together!)  Thursday marks the end of Daddy's work week.  He has 3 day weekends every weekend.  Right now it is bedtime.  Troy is rolling around the bed, talking to his pillow, taking his socks off then putting them back on (which he can only put on 1 foot so they both end up on his right foot) and not sleeping.  It has been the most frustrating week trying to get this child to go to sleep.  I love to sleep.  I would've been asleep 2 hours ago if I didn't have my mommy duties to do.  Now that I think of it, my pre-mommy days I stayed up much later and got up much later...why I wonder?  I should've went to bed at 6 and got up 6, a good 12 hours of sleep would make for a very happy me.  I do require a lot of sleep especially lately.  Anyway, getting back on track (we'll blame that on pregnancy brain), he never wants to sleep.  Any advice?  I am at my wits end trying every night to get him to sleep at a reasonable time.  He would prefer it dark and quiet to sleep so the only sound is my typing (and Rylee is snoring a little) and the only light is the glow of my laptop.  GO TO SLEEP KID! 

**Funny Story alert**
Monday night when I was home with the kids and doing a little internet surfing during Dora the Explorer, Troy came running out to me.  He proceeded to remove the foot that was resting on the tower of the computer to the floor saying "Mommy....poop" I asked him if he "pooped" in his "diapie" to which his response "Nooooo.....Mommy....peed".  I replied, "well lets go change your diaper.  Go in and lay down, I'll get a diapie."  "Nooooo....Mommy...peed."  "Well, let's go."  Instead of running into the living room to have his diaper changed, he ran into the bathroom, frantically trying to get his potty seat on the potty and on it.  Once on he instantly started peeing.  I made a big deal.  He wanted to continue sitting.  He was "pushing" and trying to pee more.  He was clearly dry so I took him down and was cleaning up his old diaper.  He put his hands on his hips, looked down at his boy parts and said "hmm...broke...broke Mommy".  I laughed, he laughed because I was laughing.  I guess you just had to be there!

Rylee is doing much better.  However, she is still vomiting.  She threw up tonight after I had put her in her PJs, fed her and laid her in my bed.  It was all in her hair, all over her pillow and she was starting to fall asleep.  I guess vomiting doesn't bother her.  She probably didn't even notice.  I took a wet wash cloth to her hair and removed her pillow for washing.  In the morning she will get a thorough bath since she was so tired she wouldn't even open her eyes while I was scrubbing her head.  It was alot and I am not sure why she is doing this.  I think Dr. C will be seeing us again shortly, not just for Synagis this time either.  Rylee is taking Zantac twice a day for acid reflux.  We actually had stopped giving it to her since December because we thought she had outgrown it.  Apparently not.  It's back and with a vengeance this time.  Even the Zantac isn't working.

We have switched to Pedia Sure.  Maybe she has some kind of allergy to that.  I have no clue.  But we have made the switch none the less.  She was on Neosure.  It stunk.  My sister told me I myself even smell like it.  Not very comforting.  So the switch would be good right.  Oh my gosh, the stuff smells awful.  Kris swears it smells better than Neosure.  I want the Neosure back.  The Pedia Sure is sure sweet smelling.  It makes this queasy mommy, even more queasy. 

This weekend should be relatively uneventful for Kris, Troy and Rylee.  Tomorrow, I have to work.  But Kris and I have the big doctor appt with Dr. B to discuss "the Plan".  We are going to talk to him about where I can go, how far I can go, when I can't travel anymore, Progesterone, Gestational diabetes, if this baby was born early...where do I go.  I know that last one sounds like a dumb question.  But for me it's crucial.  It have a 50-80% chance of having a premature baby again.  I am not going to be alone this time.  Therefore, I believe that Kris and I will head up to Madison to tour Meriter's NICU.  We loved the care we received in Iowa City but it is 2-2.5 hours from home.  Madison is 1.5 hours from home.  If I have to go through a premature child again I want to be somewhere that I am comforable, have family and friends that can visit us, not be alone all of the time.  

After work, my sister and I are going to head up to Madison to watch my brothers, Craig and Scott, coach for one of the last times, as long as their boys make it through the first round.  Hopefully.  I am excited and I know they are too!

Oh, Troy is rubbing his eyes...good sign I hope.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment