Monday, February 1, 2010

I am BACK!

Since I started the 2 week life before Rylee, I haven't been posting.  I wanted to keep it at that.  We've been rather busy around our household recently.

This past Friday, as you all know, was Rylee 1st birthday.  She was gem all day!  She was a very happy girl and we sang her Happy Birthday right away in the morning. It was a fun day!

Saturday, we had a joint birthday party for Rylee's 1st birthday and Troy's 2nd birthday.  It was at Jumpin Janes in Dubuque.  We had lots of adults and 9 kids 9 and under.  It was fun.  I think that most of the kids had fun.  Kris's nephew, Noah, was a little timid at first but warmed up to it later on.  My niece, Isabelle, took a little while to warm up to it as well but by the time her dad came they were running around.  We had a party room with an attendent who more that served us well.  She refilled out pitchers, offered to write down the gifts the kids got, helped clean up.  And she said we were one of the most laid back groups.

I had ordered some shirts for Troy and Rylee to wear to their party.  Well after about a month of waiting, guess what came today? 2 days after the party!  So much for the shirts.  I love them.  They're cute as can be but they're 2 days late getting here which they should've been here at the beginning of last week.  Ugh!  Oh well.  We're going to have the kids 1 year and 2 year pictures taken so they can wear them then!

Sunday, we went to our nephew Adam's baptism in Bloomington and then to Cassville for a luncheon.  As we were getting read to leave, Noah bumped into me and I discovered that he had stolen a piece of cake off the table.  He was shoveling the cake in.  It was funny.  Grandpa got a photo.  I had never actually seen anyone do that before.  Too funny!

Last night, Kris and I sat down and watched the Duggar Special.  Now, you have to know who the Duggars are.  Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar have 18 kids (all names starting with the letter J) and in early December at 43 she had her 19th child 15 weeks early weighing 1#6oz, Josie.  Last night on TLC they had a special about Josie's birth.  The last 10 minutes were rough on me.  They showed Josie being handed off by the doctor to the NICU nurse and I had a flash back of Rylee in the doctor's single palm being handed off to the NICU nurse all purple and blue.  Needless to say, I was crying.  Kris even left the room cause it was just brought back all those vivid memories of Rylee a year ago.

The Duggars 19 kids and counting will be on I think Tuesday at 8 pm on TLC.  Don't quote me on that.  From the previews it looks like they will show more of Josie's NICU life.

No comments:

Post a Comment