Thursday, May 6, 2010

It's been one of those days

Yesterday, I got a call at work from Tara our babysitter.  Rylee threw up and was running a temp of 101.  So 30 minutes early, I left work to pick them up and take them home to nurse Rylee back to health.  Today, she was still running a temp.  Troy started running a temp.  Troy has had an upset tummy this afternoon.  And Rylee has thrown up twice since 3 o'clock this afternoon.  She is getting worse instead of better.  She can't keep the tylenol down now.  We have a temporal infrared thermometer.  It's been saying that her temp has been 104 all afternoon.  Right now she is flush with fever and very warm.  She just threw up in my bed so I stripped her clothes and am letting her laying in a diaper to cool her down a little.  She is having some labored breathing which could be due to her stuffy nose.  However, her spirit is true to Rylee.  She is happy and talking to me about her "dadda dadda dddaddddaaa"  while smiling and playing with a purple soothie.  Diapers continue to be wet.  No stools yet today.  I am afraid there probably won't be any #2s from her without a little coaxing.  It's been a couple days since she has had any vomiting.  so I hate to see it come back.  However, I am fairly certain that a stomach bug is making it's way through our house.  At about 7:30 I started feeling really yucky and have tossed my supper twice already since.  It's amazing how kids share everything with each other and their mom.  Next week is finals week for Kristopher so if this could bypass him that would super!  It's 8:46 pm, Troy has been asleep for an hour, Rylee is all cleaned up from her vomiting (which included her latest dose of tylenol) and currently rubbing her eyes vigorously.  So her and I are going to close our eyes and hope/pray for an uneventful night!

No comments:

Post a Comment