Thursday, July 8, 2010

Girl with a personality

This little girl we have thinks she can outsmart us.  Well, she's right!  That's exactly what she did today to us while Marcy was here for PT.  She fussed the whole time we sat in the living room observing her and Marcy, who by the way was floored by her little antics from last week at the development assessment and the little stunt with the entertainment center.  After her fussing and throwing little tantrums, I thought it would be best if we all just left the room and let her be with Marcy.  Troy and Kris made themselves breakfast and I left for work.  Kris said that towards the end of the hour she started acting like she was tired.  She rubbed her eyes and the whole 9 yards.  Marcy wondered if she woke early today but actually she slept in a little until 6:30!  Marcy left at 8:30 and I talked to Kris at 11:30.  Miss Rylee was still awake and happy.  Hmmm...we definitely got played today!  We're onto her and her tricks!


Today, I made her appointment for her SureSteps.  She will be measured and fitted on July 19!  From what I understand, her feet are malformed due to lack of muscle tone and over pronation.


Rylee's feet are exactly like the far left foot in the picture.  I am excited for her to get some braces and help straighten this problem out while we are toning her legs and feet.

We also have to go to GI on July 26, IFSP with the therapists and Tammy on August 4, see Genetics on August 16, and have a her 18 month well child check up on August 19.  Then we can have a baby!

Oh, the best thing happened at supper tonight.  I decided to try carrots and cereal with Rylee tonight.  She ate almost the entire jar of carrots and put a huge dent in the cereal I prepared for her.  Then ate her entire 5.5 oz bottle.  I am amazed at what this girl put away tonight.  AMAZING!  I just want to sing "Oh Happy Day!" 

As for me...I am extremely uncomfortable, mostly at night.  Kristopher has been asked to rub my back more and more.  I don't think that he likes doing it very much (he absolutely never offers) so I only beg when it really hurts.  I know for this reason, he is just as excited for this baby to come as I am!  Baby is starting to get the hiccups a lot and body parts are hanging out in my rib cage.  From the hiccups, I can tell that he/she is in the head down face down position.  We're locked, loaded and ready!  Next week, I have to have an ultrasound to check the baby's anatomy.  I am not finding out the gender just making sure that everything is the correct size and shape and all fingers and toes are accounted for.    The size of the baby will also be a factor.  I had an 8 lb, 9 oz baby before and can't do it again.  My anatomy simply can not handle a baby that size!  We're so close to the end but yet so far away!  There is still some cleaning I want to do around here before the baby comes and finish up some odds and ends.  If it gets done, it gets done and if it doesn't it's not the end of the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment