Friday, July 16, 2010

Changes and Ultrasound update

Jessie, Rylee’s occupational therapist, has decided to take a new approach to how she does the therapy with Rylee. Rylee seems to be more stimulated and energetic when Troy is around so Jessie is going to start incorporating Troy in therapy. Together, they will introduce stacking blocks, putting toys in a container, etc. while learning to share and take turns at the same time. I think this will also help Troy understand how to play with Rylee better. Right now, he thinks that he can sit on her or pick her up or rough house with her. Now at least he’ll know that he can’t constantly take toys from her because he doesn’t think it’s something she can have, now he’ll know she can play with those toys. I think this will benefit both of them.


Today, Tammy the program coordinator came with Krisann, the speech therapist, to discuss the swallow study and increasing the frequency of Krisann’s visits. Together, Kris, Tammy and Krisann decided that it would be best for her to see Rylee twice a month instead of once a month. I couldn’t attend this meeting today because I had an ultrasound but more on that in a second. Now, each therapy, PT, OT and speech will come 2 times a month each. A lot of things they work on overlap so they’re not needed much more than that.

As for my ultrasound, today could possibly be the second worst day of my life. I had the ultrasound to put my nerves at ease and turns out that’s not the case. Baby Klauer #3’s nasal bones are still visible. This is a big indicator that there is a chromosomal abnormality of some kind.  I really don't want to go through another chromosome disorder.  It's reeked too much havic on our family already.  And I don't want to see another one of my children have to work so hard to get next to nowhere.  This also has changed our minds completely about stem cell banking.  Unfortunately, if the baby does indeed have a chromosome abnormality than those stem cells would be no use to anyone.  For that reason, we are not banking them.  However, all his/her organs are the right size, in the right place and has the right number of each and the brain is free of excess spinal fluid. So those are positives. Right now, we just have to wait to do the microarray genetic testing after he/she is born. Ann, the ultrasound tech, looked everything over and did ask if I wanted to know the gender of the baby…I didn’t even hesitate when I answered NO! Dr. B said that in 3 to 4 weeks we can have a birthday. At 36 weeks, the baby is full term and depending on what’s happening in 4ish weeks, we’ll start this kiddo and get him/her out, get him/her tested and go home. I am miserably pregnant but measuring at 32 weeks. Baby is long and my big ol’ belly is entirely full of baby. I have gained a total of 18 lbs so will come under the 25-35 lb normal weight gain range.  That is perfectly fine.  And baby is still in head down position so we are definitely locked and loaded for birth. I have placed more urgency on that to do list I have been talking about.

I would like to see all that stuff done before baby gets here! An extra motivation to that to do list is we’re having a little celebration at our house on August 1st for my mother-in-law and father-in-law. We’re celebrating their anniversary and my mother-in-law’s BIG birthday. So Kris’s parents, brother and 2 of 3 nephews will be coming for food, fun and cake! Hopefully it’s nice out so they can play in the pool or outside. So my goal is for Kris and I to get the major things checked off our list by then so we can relax the last week or so before the baby arrives.

Our schedule for August and September is plump and full. One of my best friend’s baby shower is the middle of August which if this baby comes in 4 weeks, I’ll be in the hospital for. My sister is due around the end of July, friend Carolyn is due to have a baby the 23rd of August and my sister-in-law in due around August 31st. My dad’s long anticipated wedding is September 4th and if I have this baby a couple weeks before hand I will definitely be busy helping a lot more with that. We have some open houses for my family sometime in that area. We are going to be missing my mom’s family get together due to my dad’s wedding but we have my mother-in-law’s family reunion the 3rd week in September. Then October 1st, RSV season starts. Since we’ll have a newborn baby and Rylee, we’re definitely staying home more this RSV season, requiring more hand sanitizing and much stricter on the cold symptoms. So from October 1 to April 30, we’re pretty much going to stay home and enjoy one another. And just like last year, we are not making any promises to attend an festivities over the holidays. We are also hoping for a place of employment change at our house. One that will have us all home together much more, much higher pay, cheaper insurance so please pray!

No comments:

Post a Comment