Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Finally did it!

Kris and I have tons of insurance.  Insurance is a gamble which in our case has paid off enormously!  I met with our insurance agent about a whole life insurance policy for Rylee.  The reason we are pursuing only Rylee is strictly because of her health.  Troy is a happy, healthy little 2 and half year old boy.  We have each child as a writer or is it rider, I don't know, under Kris's life insurance policy.  It would be enough money to cover the cost of a funeral and that's it.  We're not setting out to make money off our children if they were to pass.  However, we are pursuing a whole life policy for Rylee because right now, today, she is not having any "life threatening" problems.  Those have passed.  BUT, what if in 5 or 10 or 15 years, something does happen with her heart or lungs or kidneys or brain and becomes a life threatening issue.  Or what if she is diagnosed with a life threatening disease like cystic fibrosis or cerebal palsy.  Today, she is a globally delayed 18 month old girl who is disabled as a result.  I was told by my agent that "just because she is disabled doesn't mean that it's life threatening and doesn't mean that she is uninsurable."  We went for a standard dollar amount for a whole life 10 policy which means that in 10 years the policy is paid for.   With this policy, up to 7 times throughout Rylee's life she will be given the option to purchase additional insurance.  My hope is that one day Rylee will have a family of her own and [knock on wood] never has to use it!  All I did today was apply for her.  Now, it's up to the insurance company to decide. 

Rylee has also been eating more baby food.  She didn't want to eat the butternut squash tonight at supper nor did she want to eat much of the bananas at breakfast.  We have also seen her up on hands and knees a lot lately.  Tonight she almost got herself into the sitting position and with a little help from me, she got there.  Right now, I am off to play with the kids.  My ankles and feet don't look much like ankles and feet more like one big ball on the end of my leg.  Serious swelling going on today.  It's certainly humid outside and I was on my feet quite a bit today so I am relaxing...chores will wait until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment