Sunday, May 23, 2010

The 80's

"The 80's" is a wonderful phrase isn't it?!  I mean I was born in "The 80's" and there was great music made in "The 80's" and the weather is perfect when it's sunny and in "The 80's".  "The 80's" are wonderful for many reasons but mostly the weather.  Yesterday was a perfect day, weather wise.  I was excited for yesterday because the weather was suppose to be so GORGEOUS!  But when I got up, my excitedness wore a little when I saw the dense fog.  We decided that we would pack up the kids and go to Menards.  Today, it's suppose to be a little less gorgeous and a little more HOT!  And this week is suppose to be a scorcher.  We really don't wanna turn the air on yet, will if we have to but don't wanna.  AND, we have been really wanting to switch the kid's bedroom light into a ceiling fan.  We got the perfect sized ceiling fan, light combo for their room.  It's a standard white ceiling fan, nothing fancy for $20.  This will help keep them cooler during slumber.  We also wanted to look at remnant doors.  We got one when we first moved to this house to put on the entryway closet door.  It was "damaged" but we put the damaged part inside.  Well the outside of that hollow door was damaged over the winter.  It cost us $1, 3 years ago so we weren't out much at all.  It's a small door, 24", so we thought we'd take a look to see what they had.  They had a 24" hollow door for $2 that was damaged on one side and did not have a hole drilled for a handle.  There was a solid, 6 panel door for $10.  We're not sure why this door was in the remnant pile.  We couldn't find anything wrong with it.  Plus all the other doors in our house are 6 panel doors AND there was a hole for the handle.  We chose the $10 door. While in the door section, we picked up another spring thingy for our storm door (you know the 1 that the wind keeps catching) and Kristopher is going to try and fix the door.  The old spring thingy busted once from the wind and needed to be replaced.  We also got a door handle set for the garage side door.  One day, Kris went to open the door and all he got was half the door knob in his hand.  Easy fix!  I got a couple tomato plants and a couple pepper plants.  We got the edging stones for around our mulched area and another bag of mulch.

I planted my plants while the kids napped and Kris mowed the grass.  I painted my console table and new door and stained the end table, desk and ladder table.  Kris started to make us an Adirondack chair. The plans were confusing so I had to draw out the cuts on the boards before he cut them.  It should be awesome when it's done. 

Today, we are going to my mothrt-in-law's quilt show in dubuque.  Then, I am hoping to get the ceiling fan in the kids room, pantry door on, attack my mountain of laundry, get the edging stones in and the extra mulch spread around, plant my rose bush that I got for mother's day (really not sure where that's going yet) and hopefully get the chairs finished so we can just relax outside later.  Lots to do and it's already 74° out at 8:30 am.  Oh well, maybe the door will be on sooner than I thought.  Troy can't keep his pickers out of the pantry.  Kris is moving it through the house right now, he said "this is a heavy door" now Troy is whispering "heavy door, heavy door."  I'll post photos later of our improvements around our home.  It's fun!

Good day all!  Enjoy the weather and catch some sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment