Friday, November 6, 2009

TGIF!

This has been one terrible week for me anyway. BUT, not for the Dodds/Lazio family. Baby Francesca was born late Wednesday night. Her dad is very proud with the fact that she was born the same day that Iowa was on the cover of Sports Illustrated. Matt went to University of Iowa and even worked at UIHC. YAY for Anne and Matt and Grandpa Tim (haha, that sounds funny!) and Grandma Jean. So in the last few months, Kris and I's families have been blessed with 4 new members. Babies are so much fun!

What is not so fun is my babies being sick. GRR! I had a terrible day yesterday. Rylee had a doctor appointment in Cuba City. Now I am pretty sure I told Kris the appointment was in Cuba City but there must have been a communication error somewhere because he took the kids to the Platteville Clinic. Oops! Oh well, we met half way on Cty D. All was well in the end. The appointment went just as terrible. Troy was a turd. He was climbing on things, opening drawers and doors, pulling at stuff. OH MY GOSH! The nurse gave him stickers. He stuck them on his shirt, pants, shoes and arms. He proceeded to pull them off and stick them on Dr. Connolly's pants. Oh man. Dr. C even asked me if ADD runs in either side of the family? SAY WHAT??? He's a 22 month old pure little boy...I think the spunkiness is just his age and I'll be damned if I put him on medication for ADD. He was just curious because he was so observant and couldn't sit still. Um , I don't know a 22 month who can sit still when there is nothing to play with or do. So it was the worst hour of the day. GRR, again! ADD my rear end. And that is what I have to say about that.

Other than that, work has been AWFUL. For more reasons than I care to share but many because the cleaners blew a fuse on Tuesday night and my side of the room lost power. That was fine and dandy (other than they did that the week before too) EXCEPT that it fried my computer AND the IT Matt was out of work sick until today! It makes for a very long day when you constantly have to borrow someone else's computer all of the time. Then whenever I got a customer opening a CD or new account we had to run into another office where I didn't know where anything was and none of the things I needed were in there and I had to run all over to make copies and get to the printer. Just plain rediculous. Thankfully, Matt came back today (though, I really think that he should be at home and made sure to let him know he had a full bottle of Purell on his desk for a reason) and fixed my computer. Now it works great! It just had a 2 day vacation.

Next week is rather quiet. Wednesday, we are off for Veteran's Day. Unfortunately, we can't attend a Veteran's Day program. I think we are going to stay home and, if it nice out, we'll wave our flag. We have our flag out today for sure! I think with Veteran's Day approaching and the recent events in Fort Hood we should thank our Military personnel for the great job they do for us. I know we care a lot about our Marine, Uncle Nick. We praying for the injured and families of the deceased from yesterday's shooting at Fort Hood. It's too bad that someone serving our own country, treating those with the same distress, laid fire upon his own, his brothers and sisters, for who knows what reason. It's a shame. And my heart goes out to all of those 43 people.

Have a great weekend all.

No comments:

Post a Comment