Friday, November 13, 2009

Job and Charity

I have many a job but as I was reading blogs that I follow last night, one reminded of a reason to be thankful and got me thinking about my job. My official title at work is "Loan Processor/Bookkeeper" and that is what I do in a broad sense. My job includes many things. But I have a job. I am thankful that the Clare's gave me the opportunity to join their company 8 and half years ago. I am thankful that I have my job today. In every sense of the word, I love my job. Some of my co-workers and customers can be a little tough to handle at times, but I am always up for a challenge. My job is structured pretty much the same everyday but there is always something different everyday. I have come to appreciate that people are always in a hurry and make mistakes. One of my favorite parts of my job includes my one-on-one with the customers. But, my favorite part of my job is the balancing and problem solving. I work closely with almost every employee at Clare. I work with every single teller of all 8 branches on a very regular basis when I balance cash everyday. I work with the loan side every single day because I have my foot in a few different aspects there. I work with Brenda, who opens accounts primarily but I am her main back-up. I can say that I talk to just about every single one of my 15ish co-workers at the Platteville branch. I also talk daily to at least 1 or 2 of the 7 branches. 8 and half years ago, I walked into Clare Bank, Bloomington, not having a clue about banking at all. Today, I am much wiser, have learned alot and am extreme grateful for the opportunities that I have received from Clare Bank and the Clare family. If it wasn't for my job as a teller 8 and a half years ago, I don't know what I would've been doing right now. To sum it up, Clare Bank has provided me experience and knowledge that I will carry with me through the rest of my life. Everyday things, like balancing a checkbook that so regularly comes about that many don't even have the foggiest clue how to do correctly. I love my job! It is my job. I am unique in that I have vast knowledge in many different parts of the bank's functioning. However, I don't know it all and look forward to learning more! My brain is knowledge crazy and I love learning new things. I guess what I am trying to say is that in this horrible economy when so many people are working jobs they hate, don't have a job at all, taking jobs just to have a job....I am employed, doing something I love. And for that I am grateful. I have a steady paycheck now that I am back to work full time. Next year, I will actually get to take my 11 paid days off to use as I please and not have to make up the hours. Most importantly, Clare Bank has provided me and my family health insurance. This has turned out to be our best investment ever!

Speaking of investment...At McDonald's around the country, they are taking dollar donations for the Ronald McDonald houses worldwide. If you can afford to spare $1, please stop in at your local McDonald's and donate. The Ronald McDonald house of Iowa City provided us a place to stay, a meal, hot shower and comfy bed for 80 days. Due to the fact that we were a 2 income family going to a 1 income family, Ronald McDonald donated our room to use for the entire 80 days we were in Iowa City. They provided a place for us to play with Troy and books for us to read to him. They provided us a home away from home. And for that, we are eternally grateful for. Some day we will donate back to Ronald McDonald house of Iowa City in some way. Needless to say, this is an awesome opportunity for families of children in the NICU and PICU who are fighting for their lives. They provide a shoulder to cry on or even something as small as a hot shower when you haven't gotten one in 3 days (and believe me when I say that that does happen when you're totally consumed in a sick child who depends on you). So stop into you local McDonald's and donate a dollar if not for you then for us, The Klauer's.

Remember to stay tuned for November 17th when Bloggers Unite for the day of Prematurity Awareness month for the March of Dimes. Join in by blogging about a premature baby's story that is close to your heart. I look forward to reading those! Love to you all.

PS I am in the midst of changing my blog's appearance so bare with me as my blog is a mess right now. I so desperately need my husband to help me fix this mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment