Saturday, June 6, 2009

Let's try this again.

Last night or very early this morning I should say, I was down. Yesterday, we had a great day with the kids. The doctor appt was scary and a tad bit on the negative side but now we know what to expect.

Last time we seen Dr. Julie, she was happy with the weight gain Rylee was having. However, she walked into exam room #7 with a somber face and hello. She looked at Rylee and talked to me about our routine, our system. Right now, and pretty much since she was born, Rylee has had problems having bowel movements. There are special things, TMI to discuss on here, that I have to do on a daily basis to help her move things along. Rylee is also taking the same amount of high calorie formula, which 30 is the highest they can go, as she was the day we brought her home. Since coming home, 7 weeks ago, she has only gained 1.5 lbs. We have to go see the eye clinic for her ROP on June 29 so we will see Dr. Julie again that day.

The game plan right now is to pretty much wait and see what she does. If her weight continues at it's current rate than most likely by the end of summer a G-tube will be inserted in her belly to supplement the rest of the feedings that she doesn't take through her mouth.

Dr. Julie is also concerned with the GI problems, stagnate weight gain and respiratory issues. So on June 29, Rylee will have sweat test to see if she has Cystic Fibrosis. Dr. Julie thinks that this is unlikely but wants us to know that it is a possibility.

That pretty much sums up our 2+ hour visit.

After that, we went to the Williamsburg outlet mall. Carter's was having a big sale and I had a 20% off coupon and our kids, mainly Troy, needs clothes really really bad. I did spend $151 but got $476 worth of clothes (I add up the price tags). Plus for every $25 I spent, I got a $10 gift card. So I now have $60 in gift cards to use later. I got TONS of clothes for them. It was a good buy!

We went to Texas Roadhouse, our favorite restaurant. I ate way too many of their rolls!! We went to the mall to let Troy run and burn off some energy before going home. We had never been to the mall before but my sisters told me about a carousel they had there. As it turns out, this was the most kid friendly mall I have ever been to. There was the coolest Children's museum in there. Troy loved that! Troy and I rode the carousel twice. Then Kris and Troy ran around in the kids play area. It was really neat. He had so much fun.

At 9:45 pm, just after we crossed the Dubuque bridge and entered Wisconsin, we hit a deer. We went and cleaned the car out this morning and assessed the damage in the daylight. I just want to vomit when I see that car. Kris's parents rushed down the 45 minute drive and met us at the "scene" last night. They brought us their car to borrow. We are eternally grateful of those two. They've done a lot for us in the last 6 months.

The police officer said he found part of the antler from the deer. Kris's dad said, "Well at least you got another buck!"

The red stuff is the deer blood.

Enjoy the rest of the dreary, cold, wet weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment