Wednesday, June 3, 2009

This day, 3 years ago...

was the most gorgeous day of the summer! It was full of sunshine, warmth and love!

This day, 3 years ago took 51 weeks worth of planning. It took the help of many and love of even more. It was a day I had been dreaming about since I was little.

This day, 3 years ago, I married my best friend. I became his wife and he my husband.

Let me take you back to when it all began...

It was May 2002. I went to my school invitational track meet. All the area schools were there! I was chatting with my friends and a boy named Robert from Cassville, a neighboring school. Then he came over. The most handsome, quiet, shy man I have met! His name was Kristopher. A few weeks later, our paths crossed again. This time we were smitten for each other. We went on a few dates before making it "official"!

We were at each others graduation. I was his date
to his junior prom. We helped each other move off to college.

I was never quite sure about having children. After returning home from a short vacation to California in January 2005, we found out that I was pregnant. This was a shock to us as we were only 19 years old. We weren't prepared. Our parents, for the most part, were supportive. We started to plan. Then on February 14th, I miscarried our love child.

This is when we grew and bonded together.


Kristopher decided that we should get married. He proposed me on June 11, 2005, our 3 year dating anniversary. We had plans to go out to eat. I asked him what time he wanted to go out. He said, 4:30...for supper. I simply said we can not eat dinner at 4:30!! He had decided that he would do it before we went and I think he was a tad bit nervous. I had come out of the bathroom from getting ready and he just popped the question, on 1 knee of course! I was super surprised. I had a feeling something was going on but not THAT! That morning he left to unknown destination. I found out later, it was took talk to my dad.

So for 51 weeks, we planned like crazy and had the best of the best wedding possible. I wouldn't change it for the world. It was amazing. Other than a few bumps, we got through the day and had a ball!!

In September 2006, we bought our house. A small 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom house with a 20 minute commute to work and school. The price was right!




In October 2006, after returning home from another short vacation to Texas, we found out that we were expecting again. This came as to no surprise to us. On October 27th, I miscarried our planned baby. After this we knew something wasn't right so we went and seen Dr. B! He would forever change our lives!

In February 2007, I had some blood work done for infertility tests. My blood showed a very small amount of HCG levels. Thus meaning, that a week or two before I had miscarried for the third time unknowingly. My heart was broken!

In March 2007, we started our first round of infertility drugs. We had decided to do 3 rounds and then stop. We would revisit having children later on in life. Well round 1 worked!!

On December 28, 2007, Troy Thomas was born. I can't even imagine what life was like without him. We love that little boy so much!


In August 2008, after our lives were completely adjusted to having a little one around, I discovered I was pregnant again. I honestly thought we were going to have to infertility treatments again and go through all that hubble and bubble again. To our complete surprise, that wasn't the case.


Rylee Marie joined us, 64 days early, on January 29, 2009. Now we are all home. Life with 2 children isn't near as scary as I once thought it would be. It is certainly a challenge but none the less interesting.

The last 7 years, have been awesome! We've had great times and we've definitely had down times. All the heartbreak, tears of sadness has brought us together and made us closer as a couple. I am looking forward to the next 50+ years together. I am excited to raise our children together and experience life together.

He makes me smile! He's my one and only. He's my best friend!



No comments:

Post a Comment