Saturday, October 30, 2010

Freakin' Awesome!

Like I said in my last post, we have started cloth diapering Weston and Rylee.  My sister in law told me about the system that they use.  I looked into it and did a TON of research and we decided to use the same system called Best Bottom Diapers.  It's a one size diaper that has inserts that snap inside.  Super easy!  And perfect for our busy busy family.  We put them in disposable for the couple hours they are at daycare everyday but when they are home, they're clothed.  We got them from a store in Middleton called Nicki's Diapers.  I mean this store is literally stocked FULL of cloth diapers, as well as other baby things.  It's a neat store tucked in a neat little strip mall area.  We decided primarily to start cloth diapering because of how sensitive their skin is.  Then after researching and seeing the cost, how can we afford not too?  I spent a little over $200 to get us started.  That's 2 to 3 months worth of disposable diapers.  So in 3 months, they have completely paid for themselves.  We have been doing this for just about a month and love it.  Yes it is a little more work but not a ton.  We have an extra load of laundry each day but with a family of 5, we have laundry every day anyway.  This system works wonders for our busy household.  Not to mention, reduces our carbon footprint!We got the following diaper covers for them (we got 2 of the white):

 Vanilla
 Blue Moon
 Chunky Monkey
 Cookies N Cream
 Key Lime Pie
 Mint Chocolate Chip
Strawberry Shortcake

Now over at Nicki's Diapers Blog, they are giving away a brand NEW pattern and the winner gets to choose the color they get...AND I WANT ONE! Isn't this so cute?


Onto other news, we may have a new diagnosis for Rylee!  We visited the GI doc on Tuesday.  Dr. N wanted to consult with her "superior" ("superior" asshole, he was!)  to see what he thought about have her "scoped" and biopsies taken of her bottom stomach and small intestine to test the enzymes and to look her anatomy.  This would require her to be put under.  The "superior" jerkoff decided that before they do that they should test her thyroid and growth hormone as well as for Celiac Disease and malnourishment.  Dr. N said she would call me if any of the test results we abnormal otherwise she would send a letter and see us in a month.  She called me on Thursday at work.  The Celiac Disease results were not in yet (at Rylee's age, it's not very accurate but they wanted to see what it said anyway, maybe retest at age 3).  The rest of the results were in, thyroid is fine, not malnourished BUT her growth hormone was "extremely low, practically non existent."  The next step is to see an endocrinologist, Dr N says RIGHT AWAY!  Turns out that we will see Dr. Connor on November 10th.  It was then or wait until February, nope not doing that!  Here's a link I found quick for you to reference and read a little about what it is, causes and treatment: Hypopituitarism.  We'll know more November 10th, which is a good day...my niece Lexie turns 7 that day!  Pray that this could be the answer to our prayers.  Dr. N said, "Mary, I think we found it, maybe we make this sick little girl a little more healthy, put some meat on those tiny bones."  I think we are also going to have a meeting with Dr. C and get some kind of weight check schedule set up and overall future plans set up.  We can't keep just skipping along, something has to be done.  That is what I feel in my heart.  I didn't listen to my heart the last time and she ended up with 2 unnecessary surgeries.

Tomorrow is Halloween.  We have a ship full of Pirates!  They're going to be so stinkin' cute.  I made their costumes 100% on my own.  Very proud of it.  I also made their treat bags.  Those a cute too.  I'll post pics soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment