Thursday, October 7, 2010

2 of the fastest yet longest months ever

I took Weston to his 2 month check up today. That's right, this past Saturday marked Weston's 2 month "birthday". I can't believe it. I can't believe that he is 2 months old yet it seems like he was born ages ago! His stats at 2 months:

Weight: 10 lbs, 4 oz (5-10th%)
Height: 22.5 inches (25th%)
Head Circum: 14.75 inches (5th%)

I also am proud to announce: I GOT THE FIRST SMILE AND COO! Me...I never get the firsts, that's always Kristopher or others but this time I GOT THE FIRST SMILE. It was this morning and he was just staring at me as I looked down at him, a smile spread and a little coo escaped. I was thrilled! It made my entire week.

My grandma is still in the hospital. She's getting better. I need express that "getting better" needs to be used loosely. She's better today, who knows what tomorrow will be like. She's tired and ready to be home. Unfortunately for her, I don't think home will happen for quite a while, if ever.

A girl I went to high school with had a baby a couple of days ago. She's was only 24ish weeks along. Baby Cricket weighed less than a pound and passed away today. My heart goes out to her as she deals with this difficult time. Please pray for her. Her father just died a few months ago, now her daughter. And to make matters worse, she's doing this alone. The baby's father is not in the picture that I know of. I pray she doesn't reach that dark dark place that is easy to get into when this happens. It makes me think of Baby Samantha. Do you remember me talking about Samantha? I still pray for Samantha, but more so for her mom and dad. I know it's been hard for them and my heart breaks when I think about what her mom must be going through. So many people can be unkind and just don't understand, it's ridiculous.

Other news, we went to the apple orchard last weekend. We got 40 lbs of apples. I made 6 apple pies and 6 apple crisps out of about 20 lbs. We're not applesauce people. The kids like it but could probably live without it (well their bottoms can). So I made up a creamy caramel dip to sliced apples. Troy loves it and it's easy to make.

My boy is fussing. I think it's going to be an extremely long night. Have a good night all. Please pray for my Grandma, Sarah and Cricket, Samantha and Jamie, and for sleep for me, Kris and Weston!

No comments:

Post a Comment