Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Lots of STUFF

Happy Tuesday everyone.  It's not so happy for me.  Sunday, I woke with a horrible sore throat and terrible head ache.  I spent much of Sunday with a fever in bed, sleeping.  I woke on Monday, without a fever or headache but still an awfully sore throat.  As yesterday progressed, I became feverish, achy body, light headed...so I broke down and called the doctor.  I have strep throat.  Never have I had such pain in my life.  Dr. Alison prescribed me some amoxicillan and wrote me a note to stay out of work today.  I took my amoxicillian and went to bed.  I woke 12 hours later covered in hives.  Apparently I am allergic to amoxicillian.  They're going to get me some different antibiotics and steroids for the hives.  Glad I wasn't at work today.  Right now, I don't have a fever just quite itchy and sore. 

Next order of business is the month of November.  November is Prematurity Awareness month.  Do you remember my post about my little miracle last year? Click here to read it again.  November 17th is Prematurity awareness day.  I will blog that day with Bloggers Unite about not only Rylee but her little brother Weston too.  1 in 8 babies are born premature, support those babies on November 17th by blogging or donating to the March of Dimes or by simply wearing purple.

Moving on to the holidays.  We recently celebrated Halloween.  I am not really sure this constitutes as a holiday but boy did Troy have fun. We got all the kids dressed up in their costumes.  We went to the assisted living facility that my grandma is at to visit with her.  Then we ventured over to my dad's, my aunt and uncle's, and my dad's wife's parents (did you get that?  They also are my bosses!).  We got home in time for the trick or treating.  Rylee, Weston and I stayed home to hand candy out while Kris and Troy went Trick or Treating.  I watched from the door as he went to the first house, the lady on the corner.  Aren't these the cutest pirates you've ever seen?  I am so proud of their costumes.  They weren't hard to make but I made them all by myself.  They turned out better than I thought. Rylee had a pirate tutu. So cute!


Thanksgiving is right around the corner.  This is the 3rd or 4th year that Kris and I have just done Thanksgiving as our little family.  I love this.  It's a day of deliciousness, cozy house, jammies, great food, family, football and BLACK FRIDAY ADS!  I don't exactly have my menu planned out yet but we'll be having the usual turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn, green bean casserole, pumpkin pie.  I love cooking for my family and can't wait until their older.  My sons will tell their wives, make that like my mom!  HAHA!  I have never been one to get up early and do the black friday events.  The crowds bug me.  But I think I am going to attend this year with my sister, sister-in-law...whoever is going before I work that day.  I don't know what I will get if anything but we'll see.  I am pretty I went like 5 years ago and didn't get anything, just helped out my sisters.

Speaking of Christmas shopping, had I be on the mend, Kristopher and I are going to go do some Christmas shopping this weekend.  I am excited to spend some time with him.  He's been wonderful to me, especially the last couple of days.  My in-laws are wonderfully taking ALL the kids, so we can have some time away.  Plus, Santa needs to get the stuff to our house without children seeing it.  Here's a sneak peek into what Santa and Mrs. Klaus (we spell things with Ks around here, not Cs!) plan to pick up on their day out....

 Smart Trike for Weston or Rylee, not quite sure which one yet
Train set for Troy - Santa and Mrs. Klaus plan to set this up so it's play ready Christmas morning
We may also be getting our hands on a play kitchen so a shopping cart and play food and dishes may be in order too.  
Before Christmas we are in major need to purge purge purge some toys.  They are overtaking our home and we can't possible add anymore unless we get rid of some!

It's not going to be a very expensive Christmas but it's going to be a great one.  We have much to be thankful of like always.  Don't forget about Prematurity Awareness day on November 17th, wear something purple.



1 comment:

  1. I hope you are feeling better. I hate being sick. I want to thank you for helping get the word out about the BloggersUnite to Fight for Preemies event. I saw you pop in over on the site. We are really starting to gather momentum and blog posts like yours really help!

    ReplyDelete