Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Oh Sunshine...

To say that I am exhausted is an understatement. On Thursday, Dr. White and Craig, the student, and IC NP Diane decided that we should try feeding RyRy more often with smaller amounts. They thought that every hour and a half would be good. Well, we've created a monster. We tried to wean her down to every 2 hours. It didn't work. To top that off, I took her to a weight check yesterday and was the exact same as the nurse got on Friday. She's taking an ounce every 1.5 hours. I would've thought she would have gained something. But I was wrong.

We think that T is testing us. He woke up this morning at who knows what time and was fiddling around in the bathroom. I woke up to T standing next to my bed with my toothbrush in his mouth and DadD's in his other hand. This was 5:00 am!! I don't know what possessed him to wake up that early.

T also loves his baby sister. Yesterday, I put RyRy in the bouncer for just a second to get her bottle ready. T was watching tv, it was quiet down and unwind time, and RyRy started crying. I peeked around the corner because I heard T stirring around. He was crouched down next to RyRy saying "Hi Baby". But she continued to cry. I decided to just watch him to see what he would do. So he ever so gently rubbed the top of her head. She was still crying. So he decided that maybe he should pick her up. He thought about it, put his hands under her back and then withdrew and re-thought. I intervened then. Once I picked her up, he wanted to hold her. If he shows interest in her like that, we most of the time, will let him hold her. He was happy, she wasn't, and he kept giving her kisses and saying "Hi Baby."

T is starting to say words now. His new ones are "Uh-oh" and "HiBaby". Other than that, he says "eww" "hot" "DadD" "MomMom" and "yuck". He tries to say ball, car, chair but they never quite make it out to that so he points.

Over the weekend, we had some visitors. 2 of 3 of my best high school friends, Andrea and Dana, came down to meet Miss RyRy. Carolyn was running in Crazy Legs in the rain, the crazy girl. Did I mention that out of the 4 of us, I am the only one with children. I am 2 up on you girls. I can't wait for them to have some babies. They're all going to have amazingly cute kids. My sister in law Katrina and her boys, Noah and Isaac, also came for a visit. This was good because we still had Isaac birthday presents from March. We decided to take RyRy to meet her Great Grandma Dodds. She was excited to see her. I have to get a picture of RyRy with her. I really really regret not getting a picture of T with my Grandpa before he passed away. We're hoping that once the weather gets nice, we can take her to visit him too.

Today, Dawn the home nurse, is coming to do a weight check. DadD is actually going to be here for it this time. T is going to daycare as normal for a few hours. Other than that, we're going to soak up the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment