Friday, April 24, 2009

Doing the Moby Moby

Right now, T is snoozin' in his big boy car bed and RyRy is snoozin' on my chest in the Moby. My Aunt Lisa and Uncle Jeff got us the Moby and it's AMAZING! I think that should be the word of my life lately! Simply AMAZING!

On Thursday, I had to take Rylee to get a weight check with Dr. White. Dr. Connelly is in Texas so Dr. White is taking over while he is gone. I had both kids by myself. CRAZY!! T was an absolute turd. At the last minute, Dr. White had to go to the hospital. So instead of having someone else look at her, we had to wait. Yes, wait in a tiny room filled with a stroller, carseat, diaper bag, Oxygen tank and Apnea machine. Plus me, T, and RyRy. A student doctor finally came and looked her over. I don't know how long he's been a student but my guess is not very long. I think I taught his a thing or two. So our 3:30 appointment turned into 4:55. Yup, we waited for over an hour. Shesh! I was never so glad as to get 2 kids, all the 'junk' and myself in the car and on the way home. Thankfully, they both fell asleep so it was peace and quiet!

The student doctor called NP Diane in Iowa City. They talked about what they should change. RyRy is not gaining any weight but on the flip side she's not really losing any either. She did this about 2 weeks ago in the NICU and that was why we couldn't bring her home by Easter. They decided to increase the number of feedings. We are now feeding her smaller amounts every hour and a half. Dr. White, who did finally show up, said to try 15cc every hour and a half. I got home and fed her...she took 30cc. An hour and a half later, fed her again...another 30 cc. She has been consistantly taking 30 cc all night.

The home help nurse came this morning. RyRy gained an ounce!! It's working. She is waking up every time to tell us that she is hungry. AMAZING!! Hopefully on Monday when we get the weight checked again she will be up a few more ounces.

We are enjoying the nice weather with the windows and doors open. I put RyRy in her very first dress! These kiddos have a busy afternoon. Grandma and Grandpa Schmieder are coming later today! And Jared and Jalyn get to come over and hang out after school! T loves that!

No comments:

Post a Comment