Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Birthdays...rather milestones

Today RyRy turned 3 months old and yesterday T turned 16 months old. T and RyRy are only 1 year, 1 month and 1 day apart. We were very close to having them be only 13 months apart.

We woke this morning to RyRy's right eye all gunky. It's seemed to me as though her stuffy head is now coming out through her eye instead of the nose. The poor girl's nose is so very sore from me suctioning her out all of the time. Even with the help of nasal saline drops, we started to get more and more blood each time we suction. It did seem to help her when I put Baby Vicks on a burp cloth and draped on the side of her bed closet to her little noggin. The stuff burns too much to put on her skin. I do the same thing with T. It works great.

Dawn, the traveling home nurse, came this afternoon. RyRy is up to 7 lbs, 8 oz. YAY for her! She was however a little concerned because she heard some weizing in her lungs. When we were at the doctor on Monday, Dr. White said that it wasn't in her lungs. Dawn was going to call Dr. Connolly today and let him know. They apparently didn't want me to do anything because they never called. On Monday and today, I was told to wait and see what Iowa City says. The poor girl is miserable. She had a temp of 99.1 on Monday. Today, she was a chilly 35.7 C. I am not sure what that converts to but it's colder than usual.

I am trying to get everything rounded up for tomorrow. T is going to daycare and Aunt Carmen is picking him up for me. DadD is going to school and work. RyRy and MomMom are going to Iowa City. She has to meet with Dr. Julie at 10:30 and then she has an eye exam at 12:45. Hopefully, we're home late afternoon. I haven't had time tonight to make anything ahead of time for dinner tomorrow. Maybe I should do that too!

Oh geez, now I am just babbling. I am really trying to keep myself up until 11 so I can feed RyRy and then head to bed for oh an hour or so. This is just plain grooling. We've created a monster!

No comments:

Post a Comment