Monday, October 10, 2011

HOLY MOLY! October?


Holy Moly, ya'll, where the heck did September go?  I know I constantly say this but time is really getting away from me.  We have been doing great.  Last Friday, Troy had his first day of school.  Can you believe it...school? Neither can I.  We walked him into his classroom and he hugged his cousin, Isabelle, and off they went.  Kris was practically pulling me out of the room.  I, very close, but didn't cry.  I can't believe his already going off to school.  This Friday is show and tell.  He told Dad that he wanted to take George his stuffed monkey.  He told me tonight that he wants to take Rylee as his show and tell.  Rylee might just fit in his backpack too and boy would she love to go to school.   She will start "school" in January or early February since she is turning 3.  She will have her speech therapy at school.  That's right...in January we will be down to 1 kind of therapy...speech.  My dad, Grandpa Harley or to Troy "Grandpa with the bike", says that once Rylee gets her vowels and consonants all figured out, we are all in trouble.  This girl talks and talks and talks, but we have no clue what she is actually saying to us. And you'll never, never, NEVER, find her without a book.  She LOVES books.  She even sleeps with them.  Rylee has been in good health.  The stinker is still being a picky little thing and is still weighing in at 19 lbs.  She's not gaining anything, but the key is she's not losing any anymore.  I was scared that earlier this summer we were going to need a feeding tube (we even made a rushed trip to AFCH for a possible emergency tube placement...scary stuff), now I am not convinced  it's won't be brought up again but just not right now.  I know Dr. C is pulling for NO feeding tube so as long as I have him on my side, we're doing good.  Weston still isn't walking walking.  Saturday night he decided to just take off and walk.  It was quite awesome to see really but he only does that when he wants too.  He walks around everything and will walk holding on as long he can to where he wants to go.  Lately it hasn't been Rylee causing us the health issues, it's Weston.  Poor little, for lack of a better word, turd.  He is literally a crawling turd.  He is full of #2 and gas.  He has to go see Dr. Alison on Wednesday but he also gets to take a trip with Rylee to see Dr. Cathy, our GI doc, at AFCH.  Dr. Alison said that the most likely cause of all this is an intolerance.  All these GI issues with Weston started when we transitioned him from formula to whole milk.  That kid loves his milk, it's going to be hard if Dr. Cathy says he can't have dairy anymore.  He's experiencing a lot of discomfort with all of this.  #2ing time is absolutely heart breaking.  No baby should ever have to go through this and neither should their momma.  Troy, Rylee and Weston had eye doctor visits (at the same time!) on the 1st (yes, a saturday..even better). Troy was being seen for a follow up of his turning eyes, Rylee for a follow up of her ROP and Weston because his eyes have started turning in like Troy's.  Thank god my step mom Deb offered to come with and help out.  She was a god send!  There is no way I could've handled that on my own.  Weston was particularly bothered with the dialation of his eyes.  He was ticked by the end.  Dr. Dailey didn't get a wonderful reading on him but none the less Weston does need glasses.  He has the exact thing as Troy.  His eyes turn in due to being far sighted.  So for right now, Weston, will have glasses.  Troy ended up leaving the appointment with a great big box of eye patches and instructions of wearing it everyday for 4 consecutive awake hours.  Rylee has inherited my astigmatisms.  Each eye has them.  I think Dr. Dailey felt sorry for me at this point because we are going to hold off on glasses for her for 6 months.  Her eyes were an indication of her chromosomal abnormality so it's no surprise really that her eyes aren't shaped right.  Plus, I have them each eye also.  It sucks.  Contacts are doable most of the time but not always.  I ordered Weston the best glasses that I thought would be the best to keep on him, we'll see.  I am quite nervous.  I guarantee that in 6 months, we will be ordering Rylee's glasses and another pair for Weston and Troy. (Troy's are in awful shape!).  Other than the GI issues and the eye issues, our life is about as good as it gets.  We are happy.  I can honestly say this is probably the most relaxed I have felt in almost 3 years.  Yesterday, we went up to UW Arboretum and my sister in law, Katrina, took photos of our family (see the right side for new photos!).  They turned out amazing.  It was fun and we had the most perfect tree! Enjoy!  



1 comment:

  1. love the new pics! loved the update. :) sounds like things are going pretty well. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete