Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Life as we know it...

Been the usual crazy around here lately.  School starts tomorrow, though having kids ages 1, 2 and 3...none of them are in school yet.  Troy will go to St Rose's Little Lambs program.  That starts at the end of the month.  He's excited!  We got him a Buzz Lightyear backpack and a bunch of school supplies. 

Last weekend, all 3 of the kids had an overnight with Grandpa Harley and Grandma Deb.  Kristopher and  I went to a wedding reception in Prairie and before we left town, we stopped at Culver's to share a banana split for old times sake!  We both slept like rocks that night.  I don't think I moved for 9 straight hours!  The kids had an amazing time too!

A couple weekends ago was a busy one for us.  We had my niece Lily's birthday party on Friday night.  On Saturday, I packed the kids up and took them to Lancaster for a family reunion for Kris's mom's family.  Then I took them to the Grant County fair to see the farm animals and all the cool stuff.  Troy desperately wanted to ride the rides but since I was the only adult with 3 kids, I told him they were scary and maybe next year he could ride them and then got him a sno-cone.  Then Sunday, as a family, we went to Cassville and took my in-laws boat out on the river.  That was fun!  Definitely going to do that again!  Next time, we're bringing a cooler full of snacks, sandwiches and drinks and a pail and shovel and stopping at a sandbar. 

Weston had a bought of the flu.  We think he may have had hand foot and mouth again.  He would chew his food but spit it out, crying.  So we assume that his throat hurt.  Unfortunately, hand and foot is virus that just has to run its coarse.  He's doing better now. 

Tonight, I took the kids grocery shopping with me.  Oh lord, that is an adventure in itself.  But what made it worse was that as I was hooking the kids into their carseats at the babysitter, I noticed Troy's shorts were wet and he smelled very strongly of urine.  He told me straight out that he had wet his pants and he was sorry so I told him no rides at the grocery store and he had sit in the cart the entire time.  He fussed about it a little but that was it.  I got the kids a popcorn chicken cup to eat as we were going through the store because we would get home when we usually sat down to eat.  This would at least tie them over until I had something made.  I think Troy ate 80% of the chicken.  I filled cups before we headed home.  Troy had 2 melt downs in the parking lot over his head hurting and was hysterically crying over something that I still not sure what it was.  About halfway home, he started crying in the backseat clutching his belly and started dry heaving.  I pulled over and calmed him down.  By the time we got home, he was asleep.  It's 6:30 at this point.  I opened the house and hopped in the car to get the kids out so they could start trickling inside while I carried in groceries.  Troy's lips were completely white.  I took him out and we went inside because he was really shaky.  He started crying about just wanting to go to his bed so I put him in bed, grabbed a bucket and told him to use that if he was going to throw up.  I went out to get the other kids and when I got back inside, he was in his room sobbing.  He threw up on his pillow, in the bucket, on his arm and on his bed.  He told me, he ate too much chicken.  It's now 2 hours later, he's been asleep for well over an hour (in Rylee's bed because his torn apart and in the washer!)  It's hot in the house and he's got the blankets pulled up to his chin.  Poor kid!

Rylee has been doing pretty good.  She lost a bunch of weight and now has gained it back.  The GI doc referred us to a food psychologist.  I don't know what we will get out of it, probably nothing, since Rylee can't tell us why she is a picky eater at times.  I am completely convinced that this is a behavior thing.  All kids at 2 or 3 go through this.  Rylee is no different in that part but she is in the aspect that she doesn't have any extra baby fat just laying around like other kids.  She's doing well though.  Quite the jibber jabber.  And she loves to sing.  I hope she as musically inclined as her dad!

Speaking of Dad, it's his birthday tomorrow.  He's going to be 26. Happy Birthday daddy!

My migraines are back!  I have been having more stress lately.  I trying to work through it.  My major stress is my mom.  I can control this and turn it into something positive rather than having my brain beat out through my toenails!  I have come a long way in the last month with my feelings towards my mom.  She's never been the best mom, never mother of the year or anything. She's had moments where I can say that I am glad that she was there with me.  Then there are moments, when she is completely out of sync with the real world.  Weston's 1st birthday party was planned, invites were sent out 2 weeks ahead of time.  Sawyer's 1st birthday party was the weekend before Weston's and mom made the 3 hour trek up to it.  She made the 45 minute trek 3 weeks later down to Lily's 1st birthday party, which is 10 minutes from where we live.  2 hours before Weston's party, mom called me to tell me that they "won't be able to make.  They have people to meet."  2 hours before the party, when I am running around like crazy putting everything together to take up to the park shelter and she dropped this on me.  I just hung up on her.  That or I would have said something childish and mean and would've regretted it later.  OK, fine she didn't come.  His actual birthday comes a few days later, she doesn't even call to acknowledge it.  A week after his actual birthday, she stomps into my job, throws a gift on my desk and stomps out.  She never said a cotton pickin' word to me.  Fine, whatever, be a child, I'll be the adult!  What really got to me, was when I pulled into Craig and Jen's driveway a week and half later, and she was there.  She went to Lily's 1st birthday party, which she should've, she's her grandma.  They even let off fireworks.  Not once, did she acknowledge me or my kids until Rylee walked up to her.  I did take Rylee away from her because she was drinking and on a counter height chair and I didn't want anything to happen to her $1,000,000 head! It's not fair to come to 2 of the birthdays and leave 1 out.  It breaks my heart to think that his own grandma didn't come to his first birthday.  I am so glad that he is 1 and didn't even realize she wasn't there.  I will never ever let her hurt one of my kids, ever!  She has let me down more in my life than been there for me.  I think the birthday party thing was the last straw of many.  The last chance of many.  Troy, Rylee and Weston have 2 set of grandparents that love them dearly, that they love fiercely.  Unfortunately, my mom is no longer welcome to share these joyful times and those not so joyful times.  I have made that decision.  It's completely her loss.  I have 3 amazing kids, that I will raise with as much positivity and goodness as I can.  I am so grateful that I have 2 awesomely wonderful sisters and an amazing mother-in-law and step-mom that I look up to, that I look to for guidance.  I hope she lives a great life.  I hope one day she'll straighten up, get rid of the booze and whatever else and seek a relationship with me and my family!

1 comment:

  1. man i hate to hear about people not taking interest in their kids/grand kids. it really breaks my heart. as hard as it is i believe you made the right decision. i just wanted to let you know that. *hugs* also wanted to let you know i think think of you all and check to see if you updated the blog every couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete