Monday, May 23, 2011

Rob

So I know that no one probably reads this blog anymore because let's face it, I am too dang busy!  I promise that I will TRY to write more often!   So life around here the last 2 and half years, hasn't been very good.  It's been a lot to handle and I think that we have done the best we can with what we've had thrown at us.  And sometimes, I literally feel like I have been thrown under a bus.  We planned on things going smoothly with Rylee and staying away from AFCH for 6 months.  That's been our goal.  That was our plan.  I was raised and lived by a plan.  I heard repeatedly throughout my youth, "plans DON'T change!"  The day I had Weston, I completely ignored my body SCREAMING at me that I was in labor and my coworker said, "I think you're in labor" to which I replied, it's to early, it's not the plan.  The last thing she said to me before I left that day was "just tell God your plan."  On the contrary of what my youth was centered around, plans DO change.  I didn't plan for my life to be like it is today.  Quite the opposite actually.  I just celebrated my 10th year at Clare Bank.  Very awesome.  My boss is Deb.  She has been my boss for the last 10 years.  A few years ago she became my Dad's girlfriend.  A year after they had been dating, I had to call my boss Deb and tell her that an employee at one of branch bank's stole.  She didn't question me, she handled it.  4 days later, my dad's girlfriend Deb got a call at work (while she was being my boss Deb) that her son, Rob, fell.  He feel off the roof of a 2 story home that the construction company he worked for was building.  4 days earlier, I got a huge life changing lesson!  4 days after that, Rob had a life change.  His spinal cord was completely severed.  He was paralyzed from the belly button down.  On the days that I think my life sucks, I think about Rob.  He took the news of life in a wheelchair like it was no big deal.  Just a bump in the road!  Now, jump forward to today.  Last September, my dad's girlfriend Deb became my dad's wife Deb.  That night I watch Deb sit on Rob's lap and dance.  In July, it will be 3 years since his accident.  A couple weeks ago, he reached his 100th consecutive day in the hospital.  He's battling the mother of all pressure sores right now.  He has been dealing with all of this since Thanksgiving, I believe! I am not writing this post for your sympathy towards him because I am sure he wouldn't want it.  He's incredible by the way.  Rob is one of those people you HAVE to meet in your life.  Like write Rob Weigel down on your bucket list!  He really is that AWESOME!  He's at the St. Mary's hospital in Rochester, MN.  Just down the street from the Mayo Clinic.  It's the hospital that presidents go to.  It's that awesome!  My stepmom Deb being my boss Deb today, told me about a paralyzed man who had an electrical device implanted in his spine and now he can move his toes.  And get this, his name is Rob.  Coincidence?  I think NOT!  Maybe it's fate that it worked for that Rob now make it work for our Rob.  He has such a long road ahead of him already.  He's going to have surgery again, hopefully soon that will be broke up in 3 parts, it's that huge to remove the rods in his spine, fix what's going on in there and piece him back together.  Rob may most likely never walk again but that doesn't mean that we stop praying.

1 comment:

  1. i still read your blog. i check in ever week to two weeks and see if you've posted anything. :) i pray rob finds some relief in this upcoming surgeries.

    ReplyDelete