Saturday, July 18, 2009

Another week GONE!

Today has been the laziest day for us. I finally just got my behind up and moving and it's 8:30pm!

This week was rather uninteresting. Except we did go see Dr. C! We got put in the room right next to his office which he happened to be in! **SIDENOTE: He is quite popular around our area so you can often see his face on the billboards in town. He has little replicas displayed in his office. Too funny!** He popped in quick before visiting another patient before us. (It takes a while by the time we get Ry Ry undressed, weighed, try the pulseox which never works on her there for some reason while trying to keep T occupied) He wanted to see for himself that the oxygen was really gone! Ry Ry weighed 9 lb 12 oz! Not to 10 yet. Ry Ry weighed 9 lbs even on June 11th. So it's taking a consistent month plus a little to gain a pound. (Which means when she at her 1 year birthday she will be 15 to 16 pounds at this rate...Troy weighed 16 pounds at his 6 month check up!) Anyway, he is very very happy with her progress. We see him again in the beginning of August for her 6 month well child check up. Which is 2 days after our follow up with IC. We have our fingers crossed that apnea monitor goes that day!

I wanted to let you know what life is like now that the oxygen is GONE! We still have portable tanks for an emergency. We have officially retired the handicap parking pass to above the visor in the car. And some little tidbity information about her that astonishes me.

When Ry Ry was attached to a big, bulky O2 tank, we were limited to where we could take her. Now, we can just scoop her up and take her where want. Getting ready to go somewhere used to take a minimum of 15 minutes. Now, it's a matter of sticking her apnea band on, putting her in her carseat and going. It's so lovely.

Ry Ry has become a completely different girl in the last 20 days as well. I think she feels better not having a tube in each nostril and air blowing in. She is so smiley. She is happy always. Her personality is starting to show. She definitely has a temper like her brother. When she wants something, like a bottle perhaps, she wants it warm and right now! Other than all this garbage that we've dealt with the last 5 and half months, we have the easiest baby ever!!

She is also tiny! She is no more than 21 inches long and not quite 10 lbs. She is still wearing newborn clothes! It's amazing. She fits in them perfectly. I am so sad because I see her closet loaded full of summer, girly 0-3 month clothes and there is no way she is going to get to wear them. (Especially if the weather continues like this) I was just going through some of the clothes this afternoon and came across an adorable outfit I got her that is 0-3 months. She can wear the top as a dress. It saddens me. My family is going to have to have more girls born in the summer so these clothes can be worn sometime.

Ry Ry is also holding her head up more on her own! Wonderful news!

We're going to try a new thing at bedtime and naptime from now on. Ry Ry is missing a huge portion of hair on the right side and back of her head. So we're going to try having her wear a hat when she goes to bed. We'll see. I would love to be to put bows and barrettes on both sides her head!

Tomorrow Ry Ry and I are headed to Barneveld to my friend Dana's house. We're having a ladies day! I am so excited I could burst! I need the girly talk, stuff your face with junk food kind of day. The last time there was one, I couldn't go. So I am excited to see my bestest friends ever!

I am now going to frost my cake, put Troy to bed (because DadD isn't used to doing that and is losing his patients right now) and get ready for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment